FRUIT TREES AND SHRUBS
All fruit trees are in 5-7 gal. pots for $30.00. Most are semi-dwarf and will be abourt 15' high.
(most apples need another variety for pollination)
- CAMEO - A great eating apple with a deep juicy flavor and crisp crunch. A newer variety, discovered in the 1908's, it has both a sweet and tart taste. This is a late seasonapple that is highly productive. Also great for storing.
- CRIMSON CRISP - Firm and crisp with a tart flavor. A mid-season, medium sized fruit. Disease resistant and a good keeping apple.
- DAYBREAK FUJI - A sweet, crisp apple. Good fresh and stores well. Ripens in mid-season.
- FIRESIDE - A hardy, delicious apple from Minnesota. Ripens mid-season and is good for salads, apple sauce and apple butter.
- FREEDOM - An excellent disease resistant variety. Crisp and juicy, it is good fresh, as apple sauce and for juice. Also stores well and ripens in mid-season.
- GALARINA - Originally from France, the flesh is crisp, juicy and very frm, with a bit of a tart flavor. Ripens early to mid-season.
- GINGER GOLD - An early seaon apple that has a crisp texture and a sweet, tangy flavor. It is an excellent dessert apple and is good for cooking.
- GOLDEN DELICIOUS - Self Fertile and a very good pollinator for other varieties. The flavor is juicy and sweet with a crisp flesh. It stores well and ripens mid-season.
- GRANNY SMITH - Self Fertile with a tart and very crunchy flesh, soft and juicy when cooked. It is the BEST variety for carmel apples. Stores well and ripens late in the season.
- GRAVESTEIN - An old fashioned Heritage apple with medium size fruit of great quality, that is crisp and juicy. This variety dates back to the 1600's and was a favorite of Thomas Jefferson. Good fresh and excellent in desserts. It ripens early.
- GRIMES GOLDEN - This old favorite apple is crsip and sweet with a hint of spicy. Very productive, and is good fresh, for cooking and in juice. An excellent pollinator that ripens mid-season.
- HONEYCRISP - Wonderful crunch and texture, juicy and sweet. A good quality dessert apple. Ripens in mid-season. this is one of the most popular apple trees we sell.
- INITIAL - This is a crisp good eating apple that is disease resistant. It ripens early in the season. Sterile pollen, it cannot fertilize other apples.
- JONATHAN - Self Fertile and a good pollinator for the other varieties. Thsi old fashioned favorite is both sweet and tart and very fragrant. Ripens in early fall.
- LAW RED ROME - This sport of the Rome apple is a redder color, with the same crisp, firm flesh. A good cooking apple that ripens late.
- LIBERTY - This vigorous variety has a juicy, crisp flesh. A good dessert apple. Full flavor develops after a month of storage. Ripens in mid-season. Created for disease resistance.
- MCINTOSH - Self Fertile with a tart, spicy flavor. Excellent for apple sauce and cider. This apple ripens early.
- MELROSE - The official apple of the State of Ohio. the firm, juicy flesh is very good for cooking and for desserts. A mid-season ripening variety.
- PINK LADY - Juicy with a sweet-tart flavor. A late season variety that is good for storing.
- RED DELICIOUS - Avery popular variety that is best eaten fresh. Not good for cooking. Ripens mid-season.
- ROYAL COURT - This sport of Cortland apple is sweet and juicy. It is a wonderful dessert apple that will be ripe in mid-season.
- ULTIMA GALA - The crisp, firm flesh yields a sweet and mild flavor. Works well in desserts and ripens in mid-season.
- WOLF RIVER - This Heritage apple has large, up to 1 pound, very flavorful fruit. It was discovered in 1881 in innesota. It is used for cooking and drying and ripens in mid-season.
(plant two varietes for pollination)
- BARTLETT - This vigorous, early bearing tree produces juicy flesh. A favorite for canning and eating fresh. Ripens in late August.
- ORIENT - Large fruit makes a good cooking and canning pear.
- RED CLAPPS - Ripens early, in mid-August. Good for eating fresh and cooking, but not for storage.
- SHINSEIKI(Asian) - Ripening early in the season, the flesh is sweet and extra juicy. Delicious, also stores well. Bartlett is a good pollinator.
(all varieties are Self Pollinating)
- GLORIA - Produces firm, sweet fruit that ripens mid-season.
- RELIANCE - The hardiest peach, will perform well in less hospitable sites. A very sweet variety that is great for eating fresh, cooking and canning. Ripens early in the season.
- SUGAR GIANT - A firm, white flesh peach that ripens in mid-season.
(sweet Cherries need a pollinator, pie cherries are self-pollinating)
- HEDELFINGEN (Sweet) - juicy, firm fruit ripens early.
- SANTA ROSE (Sweet) - Ripens in mid-season.
- JUBILEUM (Pie) - A heavy, early producer. Good for eating, cooking, canning and freezing. The most popular pie cherry, it ripens in mid-season.
All items listed below are in a 2 gallon pot
BLUEBERRIES $12.00 each, buy 5 or more for $10.00 each
(They produce best with another variety present, and will reach mature height at 10 years. These are 3-4 year old plants.)
- BLUE CROP (mid) - A very popular variety, grows to 5'x3'. Will produce 10-20 pounds of fruit on mature plant. Fiery red fal color.
- BLUE RAY (early-mid) - Thsi large berry has great flavor. it will be 5'x3' and produce 10-20 ponds of fruit at maturity. Burgundy fall color.
- CARA'S CHOICE (mid) - A very sweet, high quality choice. Will grow to be 4'x3' and produce 10-15 pounds of fruit on a mature plant.
- JERSEY (late) - This is the sweetest of all. Will grow to be 6'x3' and produce 10 pounds of fruit on a mature bush. Long lasting yellow-orange fall color.
- LEGACY (late) - High, consistant yield, will be 5'x3'.
- NORTHLAND (early) - A wild berry flavor on a smaller plant, 4'x3'. Orange-red fall color adds to the appeal of this cultivar.
RASPBERRIES $8.00 each, buy 5 or more for $6.00 each
- ANNE (yellow) - Large, firm yellow fruit.
- AUTUMN BRITAIN - Delicious deep red fruit ripens in early fall.
- CAROLINE - Very tasty, medium size fruit ripens in early fall.
- HERITAGE - The most popular fall variety, has firm, quality fruit. 5'-6' high vigorous, sturdy canes.
- JEWELL (black) - Bears high quality berries in June.
BLACKBERRIES $8.00 each, buy 5 or more for $6.00 each
- TRIPLE CROWN - Trailing, thornless canes, the berries ripen in August.
GRAPES (seedless) $12.00 each, buy 5 or more for $10.00 each
- CONCORD (blue) - These delicious, popular grapes keep well.
- CANADICE (red) - A sweet, reliable and productive variety that is extra hardy.
CURRANTS $10.00 each, buy 5 or more for $8.00 each
- RED LAKE - Large, juicy fruit with good flavor. A popular variety.
- CONSORT (black) - Very hardy with a strong flavor.
GOOSEBERRIES $10.00 each, buy 5 or more for $8.00 each
- BLACK VELVET - Excellent quality, deep purple fruit.
- HINNOMAKI (red) - Swet flavor and good quality on a high yield plant.
- PIXWELL (pink) - The large berries turn pink when ripe. Least thorny variety, for easier picking.
ARCTIC KIWI $10.00 each, buy 5 or more for $8.00 each
(need both a male and female plant to get fruit)
- CORDIFOLIA (female) - A highly rated, very sweet variety.
- MEADER (male) - A good pollinator for female Kiwi.
Bamboo and Grasses
Trees & Shrubs
Map and Directions
Email us: email@example.com
Updated March 17, 2013
Webpages created by Jane Unger and maintained by Lisa Chambers
Copyright © 2010 Five Springs Farm